First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Was erected in December 1833 and contained Townships 13, 14 and 15 of Range 1 East, which were then part of Washington Township. In June 1836, Township 15 and the north tier of sections of Township 14 were taken from Jackson and called Gibson Township. In March 1839, the rest of Township 14 North, Range 1 East was formed into Mississinawa Township.
Was erected in December 1833, being taken from Richland; and was bounded as follows: beginning at the Northwest corner of Township 13 North, Range 2 East, thence south to the township line, thence east to the east line of Section 35, thence north to the township line, and west to the place of beginning. Subsequently, the parts of townships 14 and 15 lying directly north and of equal width with this, were added, but in 1839 were laid off into a new township called Allen.
In December 1833, the north tier of sections of Township 11 North was taken in Washington Township, but was put into German Township a year later. Also, in December 1833, townships 13, 14 and 15 were taken from Washington and formed into Jackson Township.