First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
In March 1829, all of Township 12 North, Range 2 East, belonging to Richland, was put into Greenville Township. In December 1833, all the land bounded as follows was taken from Richland and erected into a new township called Brown: beginning at the northwest corner of Township 13 North, Range 2 East, thence south to the township line, thence east to the east line of Section 35, thence north to the township line, and west to the place of beginning. A little after, that part of townships 14 and 15 North, Range 2 East, lying directly north of the boundaries just given, was added to Brown Township. In June 1837, York Township (for its boundaries, see the history of that township) was taken from Richland, thus reducing the township to its present size.