First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Was erected in 1841,
and contained all that part of townships 14 and 15 North, Range 2
East, and townships 12 and 13 North, Range 3 East that lay in York
Township, except two tiers of sections on the south. In 1848,
Township 15 North, Range 2 East, and Township 13 North, Range 3
East, were taken into Mercer County, and in June of the same year
Sections 2, 11, 14 and 23 of Township 13 North, Range 3 East, were
taken from Patterson Township and added to Wabash.
Was erected in March 1841, being taken from the north end of Wayne Township and was bounded as follows: commencing on the east line of the county, at the southeast corner of Section 33, Township 11 North, Range 3 East, thence west to the southwest corner of Section 35, Township 12 North, Range 3 East (or to the east line of York Township), thence north to the county line, thence with the north line of the county to the northeast corner of the county, thence south to place of beginning. In 1848 the county line was changed from the old Indian boundary to the present north line of the county, thus cutting off a part of Patterson Township at the north end; and in the same year sections 2, 11, 14, and 23 of Township 12 North, Range 3 East, were taken into Wabash Township.