Was erected in March
1839, and was taken from the north end of Jackson Township. It
included all of Township 14 North, Range 1 East, except the north
tier of sections, which was then included in Gibson Township.
April 12, 1848, this tier of sections was taken into the township
as Gibson Township was thrown into Mercer County.
Was laid off in March
1839, being taken from the north end of Brown, and contained the
following territory: all of Townships 14 North and 15 North,
Range 2 East, except one tier of sections from the east side of
each. In 1848 Township 15 North was thrown into Mercer County.
Was formed in June 1839, by taking all of
Township 8 North, Range 4 East, that is in the county, and the
eastern tier of sections of Township 9 North, Range 3 East; which
territory was part of Van Buren Township.