Darke County Genealogical Researchers > Township > Patterson Township

PATTERSON TOWNSHIP was erected in March 1841, being taken from the north end of Wayne Township and was bounded as follows: commencing on the east line of the county, at the southeast corner of Section 33, Township 11 North, Range 4 East, thence west to the southwest corner of Section 35, Township 12 North, Range 3 East (or to the east line of York Township), thence north to the county line, thence with the north line of the county to the northeast corner of the county, thence south to place of beginning. In 1848 the county line was changed from the old Indian boundary to the present north line of the county, thus cutting off a part of Patterson Township at the north end; and in the same year sections 2, 11, 14, and 23 of Township 12 North, Range 3 East, were taken into Wabash Township.
Cemeteries Census 1880 Churches Communities
Schools School locations on map are from the 1888 atlas.
Land Patents sorted by surname Land Patents sorted by section
1857 Patterson 1875 Patterson 1857 Wall Map 1875 Atlas

Communities in Patterson Township

Name Location Lat./Long.

Pop.

Osgood

SR705, SR716 and Yorkshire-Osgood Rd.

402023N
0842943W

220

Strakers (historical)

Yorkshire-Osgood Rd. and Foote Rd.

401822N
0842944W

 

Willowdell (Woodland) 1875

Foote Rd. and Willowdell Rd.

401823N
0842714W

Yorkshire

Yorkshire-Osgood Rd. and North Star-Ft. Loramie Rd.

401931N
0842944W

142

Top of Page